You (hereinafter referred to as "you" or "user”) are welcome to use China Social Science Excellence Service (hereinafter referred to as "CSSE"). Once you use CSSE’s service(s), it shall be construed and understood that you have fully understood, consented to and accepted all terms and conditions of the China Social Science Excellence Service Agreement (hereinafter referred to as "the agreement "). Please read the agreement carefully before you enjoy the various products and services provided by CSSE.
I. The Agreement
1. Confirmation and Acceptance of the Agreement
DIGITAL MEDIA of RUC (hereinafter referred to as " DMR ") reserves the right to the ownership and final interpretation of the terms, complies with and enforces the terms and regulations. Only if you fully accept the agreement can you become a DMR service recipient.
2. Scope of the Agreement
The agreement applies to all the products, related services (hereinafter referred to as the services) and tools of CSSE.
3.Changes and Modifications of the Agreement
DMR reserves the right to change the agreement at any time when DMR suppose it is necessary. DMR will announce the changes on the CSSE website, which will take effect immediately upon the date of publication. Your continued use of the website will mean that you have accepted and agreed to the changes. If you do not agree to these changes, please propose your decision and stop use the website.
4. Service Object
The services are only available to government agencies, institutions, organizations or companies that accept the terms of the agreement and have legal personality or individuals with full civil capacity that accept the terms of the agreement.
5. Service Modification and Termination
The Company reserves the right to modify or terminate the services (or any part thereof) temporarily or permanently at any time with prior notice.
II. Responsibilities of Users
1. Institutional Licensees shall make reasonable efforts to ensure that access to the Licensed Content is limited to Authorized Users and to protect the Licensed Content from unpermitted use, including but not limited to by issuing and terminating passwords within its control, verifying the status of Authorized User, providing lists of valid passwords or set of IP addresses to CSSE if applicable, updating such lists on a regular basis and providing any information or assistance necessary for CSSE to implement whatever user authentication processes CSSE may establish in its sole discretion. Authorized Users shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of his or her username and/or password (if such are provided), and for all usage or activity by them of CSSE and may not provide access to CSSE to anyone else.
2. Institutional Licensees and Authorized Users shall notify CSSE of any such unpermitted use of which they learn or are notified, including but not limited to any known or suspected unauthorized use(s) of an individual or institutional account or unauthorized use of CSSE, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of a username, password, and/or IP address, and shall work cooperatively with CSSE to resolve problems of unpermitted use. In the event of violation of these Terms and Conditions of Use by an Authorized User, (a) CSSE may suspend or terminate, or, where practicable, request that Institutional Licensee suspend or terminate, such Authorized User’s access to the Licensed Content; (b) CSSE may suspend or terminate the access of the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address(es) or other authorization and authentication mechanisms from which such unauthorized use occurred; and/or (c) CSSE may request Institutional Licensee to consider the imposition of further reasonable restrictions on access to, and downloading and printing from, the CSSE Platform. CSSE shall make reasonable efforts to contact the Institutional Licensee prior to any suspension or termination of access and to restore access promptly following successful resolution of the matter.
3. Where Authorized Users are able to submit material and/or post comments on the CSSE Platform, they represent and warrant that they will not upload or otherwise publish through CSSE any materials that: (a) are protected by copyright, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights; (b) are libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, or invasive of another’s privacy or hateful; or (c) contain a virus, spyware, or other harmful component, advertising of any kind, or false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact. Authorized Users acknowledge and agree that any material that they submit or comments that they post may be edited, removed, modified, and/or published by CSSE without notice.
4. Institutional Licensees understand and agree that Internet browser software is required to access the CSSE Platform and Institutional Licensees and/or Authorized Users are responsible for providing and maintaining any hardware and Internet access necessary to provide access to the JSTOR Platform and any and all costs associated therewith.
DMR will not disclose or provide the user’s registration information to any third party unless:
(1)Per the requirements of relevant laws and regulations or DMR regulations；
(2)To safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of you and public in an emergency.
1. DMR does not guarantee that the service will definitely meet the users’ requirements. DMR does not guarantee that the service will not be interrupted. DMR does not guarantee the timeliness, safety and error-free of the services and the accuracy and reliability of the results obtained ultimately.
2. You are fully responsible for the information you are asked to provide including any information and details you provide for DMR or others during registration, transaction or use of the services, namely the data, text, software, audio, images, videos and other materials，and you must ensure that is accurate. DMR does not undertake any legal responsibility for any consequences arising therefrom. If DMR has reason to believe that your information or materials may cause DMR to assume any legal or moral responsibility, or (in whole or in part) to lose the services of the internet service provider or other suppliers, or to suffer any other loss or risk, DMR reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to take any decision (including but not limited to the deletion of such information) that is deemed necessary or appropriate to your information or materials.
3. DMR does not take responsibility for the authenticity, accuracy or completeness of the resources, information, data, product or service found on third party websites. DMR shall not be held responsible for any direct or indirect losses resulting from using the resources, information, data, product or service which is released or obtained from these websites or resources.
4. If any of the following situations causes DMR operators to delay or have no way to provide you with the services, DMR shall not be held liable for any breach or compensation. Such situations include but are not limited to: natural disasters, strikes, riots, material shortages, wars, government actions, communications, facility failures, and other vis major.
V. Intellectual property rights and other rights
1. DMR has the corresponding rights to the materials contained by the services or software used by services protected by intellectual property or other laws;
2. The information and content transmitted via the services are protected by the Copyright Law of the People's Republic of China, the Trademark Law of the People's Republic of China, the Patent Law of the People's Republic of China or other laws; you may not copy, modify, rent, distribute, create any derivative work of the content or use them for commercial purposes without the written authorization of DMR.
3. All content accessible on the website, including “DMR” text and related graphics, images, photographs, logos, names of the products and services is owned by DMR and cannot be used to use, copy or used for other purposes.
Note: If you find that the copyright or other legal rights and interests of yourself or others are infringed by others in DMR, please contact DMR immediately and provide relevant evidence.
The agreement (together with any other terms related to the CSSE released by DMR before) sets out a legally binding contract between you and DMR and stipulates your use of the service. In the event of any conflict between the agreement and any written or oral agreement between you and DMR before, this Agreement will prevail.
Thank you for reading the agreement. We all really hope that you are completely satisfied with our service. If you have any questions about the agreement, please contact us at email@example.com.
Renmin University of China，DIGITAL MEDIA of RUC